As a patient of Riverside Medical Clinic, you have both rights and responsibilities that will assist us in providing you quality healthcare that can be delivered in a courteous and sensitive manner by our physicians and staff.
- Provide honest, complete information to those providing medical care.
- Responsible for informing your provider of a Living Will or Advance Directive, or any document that could affect care.
- Know the benefits and exclusions of your health insurance coverage.
- Know how to access services in routine, urgent and emergency situations.
- Present your ID card before receiving service, as well as any insurance card you may have been provided that is in effect.
- Consult your Primary Care Provider (PCP) for direction of care before receiving treatment (unless in a life-threatening situation).
- Keep scheduled appointments and notify the provider’s office promptly if you are delayed or cannot keep an appointment. (Charges may be incurred for missed appointments that are not canceled 24 hours in advance.)
- Establish an ongoing rapport with your Primary Care Provider (PCP) and behave in a manner that supports the care provided to others and the general function of the facility.
- Ask questions and seek clarification to understand your health problems and participate in mutually agreed upon treatment goals.
- Follow the advice of your Primary Care Provider (PCP) and consider the likely consequences when you refuse to comply.
- Know what medications, including over-the-counter products and dietary supplements, why you are taking them and how to take them. Know what allergies and sensitivities you may have. Make sure your provider is aware of medications and allergies/sensitivities.
- Notify your provider of changes in address, phone number and insurance information in a timely manner.
- Make payment of all services or non-covered services and applicable co-payments at the time service is provided.
- Make us aware of any concerns you have regarding the care you were provided by calling Customer Relations.
- Supply information that the clinic and its practitioners and providers need in order to provide care.
- Be respectful and courteous to clinic staff and other patients.
- Provide a responsible adult to transport a patient home and stay with them for up to 24 hours if required by physician.
If you ever have a compliment or concern, we encourage you to call or write our Customer Relations department at:
Riverside Medical Clinic
3660 Arlington Avenue
Riverside, CA 92506
Attn: Customer Relations
For Southern California Residents Call Toll Free
If we have not satisfactorily resolved your concern, you may make a formal complaint by contacting:
California Department of Public Health
Managed care patients may contact California Department of Managed Health Care at:
980 9th Street, Suite 500
Sacramento, CA 95814
Seniors may contact the Office of the Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman at:
1.800.Medicare (1.800.633.4227) (24 hours a day/7 days a week)