Urology is the field of medicine focused on the health of the urinary system, or how the body creates, stores and removes urine. Riverside Medical Clinic’s top quality team of physicians combine compassionate care with the latest technology to diagnose and treat the urinary tract.
Our urologists receive specialized training to treat any part of this system, including…
- the kidneys that filter waste out of the blood into urine
- the bladder, which is used to hold and store urine
- the ureters (tubes that connect the kidney to the bladder)
- the urethra (tube that carries urine from the bladder out of the body)
- the adrenal glands, which sit on top of the kidneys and release hormones
- the male reproductive system
- the female reproductive system.
In addition, our team is also skilled in pediatric urology, to meet the very special needs of children with urinary problems.
Urology is a surgical sub-specialty. This means that our physicians also have expertise in other fields of medicine, from pediatrics to gynecology and oncology. This leads to a strong, multi-disciplinary approach to care and a more thorough understanding about your overall health.
Learning more about urology illness and disease
Some of the many conditions we treat:
- Urinary tract infections
- Kidney stones
- Men’s health, including infertility, erectile dysfunction and enlarged prostate
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- Women’s health, including overactive bladder and pelvic floor prolapse
- Bladder cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer or kidney cancer
We know that conditions such as erectile dysfunction or bladder leakage can be difficult to talk about. So if you’d like to learn more about any condition, our urologists can provide you videos and pamphlets to take home.
What is da Vinci® Robotic Urology?
Da Vinci® robotic surgery is a minimally invasive, robotic-assisted surgery technique that we use. The delicate precision of this innovative robotic technology makes it ideal for urologic surgeries. It can help minimize the pain, blood loss and risk associated with conventional surgery, which leads to a faster recovery. For more information, see da Vinci® robotic surgery .